I share a bit in my last post about what we studied on Tuesday night. At the end of our study Joey asked us the following questions about our churches and any church. (There are people from at least 4 different churches in our bible study.) I think they’re valuable and valid questions.
1) Why do we do what we do in our church?
2) Is Jesus Lord over every decision in our churches?
3) Do human documents govern our church or Jesus?
4) Are we willing to lose significance for Jesus to be Lord?
5) Is Jesus standing outside the door of our church knocking? (See my previous post about this one)
6) How do we know what the will of Christ is?
I know these are weighty questions. But I think they should be asked and that we should ask them of ourselves. So, let us ask, evaluate, pray, repent where we need to repent, and exult in Christ as Lord of the church.